Firearms Policy Coalition Second Amendment Defense Committee (FPC-SADC) is the official opposition Committee dedicated to fighting Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom’s dangerous gun control ballot proposal.
Newsom’s ballot initiative would make numerous changes to state law, including, but not limited to:
- Instituting a total, confiscatory ban on the possession of “large-capacity magazines” – even legally-owned “grandfathered” magazines and those that are possessed by active and retired law enforcement officers;
- Adding severe and expensive new restrictions on ammunition purchases, including a mandatory DOJ ammunition purchase permit for anyone who wants to buy ammunition, a ban on private ammunition sales, and a gun owner database of ammunition purchasers;
- A ban on the private purchase, transfer, and direct importation of ammunition;
- A ban on “mail order” ammunition that is not transferred through a specially-licensed ammunition retailer;
- Requiring all ammunition sellers to acquire a special DOJ ammunition sales permit and to have every employee that handles or sells ammunition to have a DOJ-issued Certificate of Eligibility;
- A $25 Million theft of fees paid by gun owners to fund the new DOJ ammunition program;
- And other gun control regulations that have already failed passage in the Legislature or were vetoed by Governor Jerry Brown.